10 Aug 2020

Definition

Success.

How do you define success? 

It has been on my mind lately. Does success define by how well you do in your career? Or how big is your take home pay?

Or perhaps success is define when you managed to raise up your kids. Well mannered kids, well educated kids?

I remember a question asked by the interviewer during a job interview I had last year, with the Malaysian owned O&G company.

"What is the one thing that you want to achieve in life?"

And there I was, dumbfounded, not expecting a philosophical question like that. He didn't want to hear the job related answer. 

I, nervous as heck, it was my first job interviews after more than 5 years, for a company that I'd killed to join, couldn't give the answer he was looking for.

And obviously, yeah, I did not get the job.

2 interviews and 3 online interviews (due to MCO) later here I am, still working with the same company I have been with for the last (close to) 7 years!

And that is why the question of success has been on mind lately. Kinda take a pause in my job searching for now. 

I know Allah has a better plan for me. That I am exactly where I supposed to be now.

No comments:

Post a Comment